As a blogger, you will have read a thousand times how establishing subscribers on email will be your most powerful source of readership. You may find that with social media keeping your followers updated on your latest posts, they may be more reluctant to sign up to email updates. But there’s no harm in asking right?
You may just find that by introducing your blog to your email contacts will encourage them to receive regular updates. – You don’t ask you don’t get,
Rather than trawling through Facebook pages to gather your email contacts to send them a polite little welcome note, here is a quick way of getting all your contacts in one place that you may not know about….
1)Make sure you are signed into Facebook and click on the ‘account’ arrow down button on the top right hand sign of your screen and select ‘settings’.
2) On the next page at the bottom of the screen – Select ‘download a copy’.
3) On the next page that opens, click on the link.
4) You will then be sent an email informing you of your request and then you have to be patient for a bit and wait for another email to arrive- this could be some time depending on how many contacts you have. (Mine took about 2 hours).
5) When the email arrives click on the link
6) This will then download to a zip file which will contain every action you have ever made on Facebook (including deleted friends, and deleted photos….beware of some real throwback memories). In the dowloaded zip file click on ‘contact info’.
7) This will open into another page showing all your contact information (obviously I won’t show you my Facebook friends contact details, or I might get lynched.
8) This will then provide you with a contact list that including email addresses and contact numbers that you can either print off or export to an excel spreadsheet.
Hope this helps!! (If it does subscribe now…like, share, retweet, blah blah…).