For those of you that are working hard at your New year’s resolutions of eating healthily and forcing fresh vegetables down your neck. What better way is there to get your ‘5 a day’ than from one of my ‘Drag Queen smoothies” ….work with me here.
Sheila is a dirty old bitch. Upon her lady garden of fresh Kale, Sheila likes two carrots inside her, a splatter of natural yoghurt around her rim and she’s not opposed to gingers!
What you will need:
- 1 handful of Fresh Kale
- 2 Carrots (not too big, she’s accommodating but not stupid)
- 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt
- 200 ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 2 cm x2 2cm chink of fresh ginger (again not too big, you don’t mind tasting ginger but you don’t want to have to see it)
- 3 Ice cubes
- Grab the Kale and give it a good rinse and add to the blender
- Slowly insert the carrots, (it may be tight squeeze but, she’s used to it)
- Add the ginger
- Pour in the milk
- Splatter the top with the creamy yoghurt
- Blend for 20 Seconds
And there you have it….a healthy mess of Carrot and Kale…..but it actually tastes nice.
Even better with vodka…..